- People (Customers, Clients, Partners)
- Technology (Web 2.0, Web 3.0, Cloud Computing and stuff like that)
1. People: They are always depended on each other and draw strength from each other (in other terms PEOPLE INFLUENCE PEOPLE).
2. Technology: It has changed everything as far as people’s social interactions are concerned.
3. Webonomics: The economics of the Web i.e. Webonomics which fancies catchy yet profound models like The Long Tail, Freemium etc are redefining the modern day business models.
So if you’ve a brand (and you’ve not involved/participated in conversations), then you are under threat. Your customers have always had an idea about what your brand signifies, an idea that may vary from the image you are projecting. Now they are talking to each other about that idea. They are redefining for themselves what that brand means to them. So your spending of millions & millions of dollars creating that brand is under threat since all these times you never came out of your air-conditioned board room to interact with your customers who now are at all time interacting & influencing each other.
Inspired from the book: Groundswell